Not many expected this, but Fróði frá Staðargungu and Sigurður Sigurðarson were the winners in the finals of this fantastic landsmót. Only a few points were between the fantastic gæðingar which participated in the A-finals.
Tölt presentation was even, and those three horses received the same score. The highest scoring horse was Fláki frá Blesastöðum 1A who received a score of 8,92 and clearly the spectators agreed as well as the judges and they celebrated his scores. Þórður Þorgeirsson was the rider of Fláki and the partners were considered very likely winners, and they came into the finals with the highest score.
In trot, the gæðingar were quite equal, Stakkur frá Halldórsstöðum was in a great mood under the control of Sigurbjörn Bárðarson and received the highest score amongst the competitors 8,78 at the same time as Fláki received the lowest score of 8,50. Fláki and Stakkur were trotting side by side and clearly there was quite a competition between the two of them.
There was great anticipation in the air when the gæðingar took two pace sprints, the guests at landsmót applauded vigorously after these great springs. It was the mare Lotta frá Hellu who was the favorite amongst spectators, her pace was very rhythmic and safe and she received a score of 9,12. They concluded the competition in fourth place which is a fantastic achievement after having come in from B-finals the day before.
Sigurður Sigurðarson and Fróði frá Staðartungu were fantastic and Siggi did not let the „defeat“ in the B-class affect his enjoyment for competition. They received a fantastic score of 8,82 for tölt and a score of 9,16 for their fantastic pace sprints, highest of all the competitors.
When the figures for all the gaits had been red, both for spirit and general presence, it came as a surprise that Fróði and Sigurður were the winners of all these well deserving competitors, with only a fraction difference.
Keppandi/ tölt/brokk/skeið/vilji/fegurð í reið/lokaeinkunn
1. Fróði frá Staðartungu og Sigurður Sigurðarson: 8,82 - 8,60 - 9,16 - 9,00 - 8,96 = 8,92
2. Fláki frá Blesastöðum 1A og Þórður Þorgeirsson: 8,92 - 8,50 - 8,92 - 8,84 - 9,02 = 8,88
3. Stakkur frá Halldórsstöðum og Sigurbjörn Bárðarson: 8,62 - 8,78 - 9,08 - 8,98 - 8,78 = 8,86
4. Lotta frá Hellu og Hans Þór Hilmarsson: 8,54 - 8,60 - 9,12 - 8,90 - 8,64 = 8,78
5. Grunnur frá Grund II og Sigursteinn Sumarliðason: 8,62 -8,76 - 8,78 - 8,72 - 8,80 = 8,73
6. Hringur frá Fossi og Sigurður Vignir Matthíasson: 8,64 - 8,70 - 8,80 - 8,72 - 8,70 =8,71
7. Hnokki frá Þúfum og Mette Mannseth: 8,56 - 8,64 - 8,54 - 8,56 - 8,58 = 8,57
8. Sálmur frá Halakoti og Atli Guðmundsson: 8,62 - 8,30 - 8,42 - 8,46 -8,46 = 8,47